SCREEN-L  October 2009, Week 2

SCREEN-L October 2009, Week 2

Re: SCREEN-L Digest - 8 Oct 2009 to 9 Oct 2009 (#2009-127)

Robin Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:42:24 -0500

Embarras Valley Film Festival
November 12-14, 2009
Eastern Illinois University

Eastern Illinois University is hosting its sixth annual Embarras Valley Film Festival on November 12-14. This year we are celebrating Abraham Lincoln with a festival focused on Lincoln, Memory and the Civil War. The festival opens on Thursday, November 12, at 7:00 with a talk by Library of Congress Lincoln Curator, Dr. John Sellers and a screening of *Young Mr. Lincoln*. On Friday, we will begin our day with a screenwriters' workshop led by MGM Vice President Luke Ryan and screenwriter Luke Ryan and and continue with roundtable discussions. Friday will culminate with a screening of *Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge* and a Civil War Music recital. On Saturday we will screen *The General* and *Glory* at our local movie theatre--The Will Rogers and highlight young adult and childrens' progoramming. All events are free and open to the public. Please see our website: www.eiu.edu/~evff for further information or contact Robin Murray at [log in to unmask]