ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

August 2009

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 21:55:08 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 21 August 2009:

Stephan Smith, "All Together Now," Now's the Time (Rounder)
Larry Long/Pacers Small Schools Cooperative, "Way Down Yonder in the White Mans Field," Here I Stand (Smithsonian Folkways)
Bruce Cockburn, "Pacing the Cage," The Charity of Night (Ryko)
Ani DiFranco, "Both Hands," Like I Said (Righteous Babe)
Joan Baez, "Jackaroe," Bowery Songs (Koch)
Greg Brown, "Dear Wrinkled Face," Over and Under (Trailer)
Peter Mulvey, "Inner City Blues," Ten Thousand Mornings (Signature Sounds)
Dar Williams, "The End of the Summer," End of the Summer (Razor and Tie)
Eliza Carthy, "Whispers of Summer," Angels & Cigarettes (Warners)
Louise Taylor, "Last Days of Summer," Ride (Signature Sounds)
Cat Stevens, "Peace Train," Majikat (Eagle)
Emma's Revolution, "Keep on Moving Forward," Roots, Rock, and Revolution (Emma's Revolution)
Martin Simpson & Jessica Radcliffe, "Turn! Turn! Turn!," Seeds: The Songs of Pete Seeger, Vol. 3 (Appleseed)
Vera Hall Ward, "Travelin' Shoes," Crossroads: Southern Routes (Smithsonian Folkways)
Sweet Honey in the Rock, "Way Down Deep," Still the Same Me (Rounder Kids)
Pete Seeger, "Russian Folk Themes and Yodel," Goofing-Off Suite (Smithsonian Folkways)
Bok, Muir & Trickett, "The Sea Wife," The First Fifteen Years, Vol. II (Folk-Legacy)
Kate McGarrigle, "Green Green Rocky Road," The McGarrigle Hour (Hannibal/Ryko)
The 6ths, featuring Katharine Whalen, "You You You You You," Oxford American: Southern Music CD (Oxford American)
Mad Agnes, "A Manic-Depressive Madrigal," Magic Hour (Mad Agnes)
Dave Dowling, "First Mosquito of Spring," Oasis Acoustic, vol. 2 (Oasis)
Paul Geremia, "Mosquito Moan," Love, Murder and Mosquitos (Red House)
Natalie MacMaster, "Gramma," In My Hands (Rounder)
Neil Young, "I Am a Child," Live at Massey Hall 1971 (Reprise)
Old Crow Medicine Show, "Down Home Girl," Big Iron World (Nettwerk)
Diane Zeigler, "The Well," Paintbrush (CDFreedom)
David Massengill, "My Home Must Be a Special Place," My Home Must Be a Special Place (Gadfly)
Natalie Merchant, "Poor Wayfaring Stranger," The House Carpenter's Daughter (Myth America)
Eliza Gilkyson, "Bellarosa," Paradise Hotel (Red House)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
Alabama Public Radio: WUAL/WQPR/WAPR
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org