SCREEN-L Archives

July 2009, Week 3

From:
Ethan de Seife <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:43:17 -0400
The Dogme film FUCKLAND <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuckland>, which I
have not seen, was shot, in part, using such methods: cameras hidden in
suitcases, eg. That could be a good lead, though I don't know offhand of any
critical work on it.

- ethan

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Flanagan, Martin <[log in to unmask]
> wrote:

> Hi all, be great if anyone has any suggestions on the following.
>
> A colleague wonders if anybody knows of any critical work about secret
> or automatic filming, in which the camera either has no viewfinder, or
> no one looking through it?
>
> She supposes CCTV is an example of this, and there is certainly some
> stuff around that as an aesthetic in certain films (Haneke for example),
> but was thinking of Claude Lanzmann's secret films of Nazis in SHOAH;
> what does this do to the gaze, for instance?
>
> Any ideas very welcome!
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin
>
> Dr Martin Flanagan
> Programme Leader, BA (Hons) Film and Media Studies
> University of Bolton
> Deane Road
> Bolton
> BL3 5AB
>
> 01204 903241
>
> ----
> Online resources for film/TV studies may be found at ScreenSite
> http://www.ScreenSite.org

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org