SCREEN-L Archives

May 2009, Week 2

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2009 20:51:01 -0500
A few ad-hoc events have popped up on the unofficial SCMS Facebook page:

Lori Hitchcock Morimoto wrote
Kinema Club ( http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html ) is
trying to pull together events on the Japan end of things, including
attempts to keep some of the guest speakers.

Jayne Fargnoli wrote
I am the Film Studies Editor at Blackwell Publishing and I am bound for
Tokyo next week. If it helps the cause, please do put out the word that some
of us publishers do plan on attending any/all alternative events.

Sylvia Chong (UVA) wrote
To everyone still planning to go to Tokyo:

Here is an Events page that can help us coordinate our activities:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=79114164261

Please post events and info to this page, and invite your colleagues who
might still be going to this event.

Also, as noted previously:

Tara McPherson (USC) wrote
The (non)SCMS USC-MacArthur party will still be happening on Sunday from
8-11 at SuperDeluxe. Please post and spread the word! All are welcome.

http://www.super-deluxe.com/map/

--
Jeremy Butler

www.ScreenLex.org
www.ScreenSite.org
www.TVCrit.com
www.ShotLogger.org
www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

Professor - TCF Dept. - U Alabama

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org