SCREEN-L Archives

May 2009, Week 2

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 10:13:51 -0500
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: SCMS Membership List <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:45 AM
Subject: [SCMSL] JTB Hotel Cancellation Update
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

 URGENT MESSAGE

Dear Colleagues:

All hotel reservations made through the Japan Travel Bureau (JTB) are being,
or have been, cancelled. You will receive email notification about this
matter *today or tomorrow*, but please share this message widely. Not
everyone may have access to email and we want to make sure that those
still traveling to Japan can make other arrangements. We asked the JTB
not to cancel all reservations across the board, rather to allow those that
wanted to cancel the ability to do so without penalty. >From what we
understand, this was the only way they could give people *FULL* refunds. We
were given no advance notice about this action.

If you are no longer traveling to Japan and wish to obtain a refund, you
need will to follow the directions set forth in the email you will receive
from the JTB.  If you booked directly with a hotel, you will need to contact
them, cancel your reservation and ask about a refund.

If you are still traveling to Tokyo, we suggest you rebook directly with
your hotel. The JTB told us they will include hotel contact information in
their "notice of cancellation" email.

PLEASE NOTE: it is our understanding that *you will need to apply for the
refund*.  You will not automatically receive it although all reservations
are being cancelled.

If you made a reservation through the JTB and have any questions, please
contact <[log in to unmask]>