SCREEN-L Archives

May 2009, Week 2

Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 12:24:27 -0500
Greetings,

We want to let you know that the new issue of Flow: A Critical Forum on
Television and Media Culture is available at http://flowtv.org.

This issue features columns from Jane Park, Ted Friedman, Patrick
Burkart, Christopher Joseph Westgate, Michela Ardizzoni, Ethan
Thompson, and Jonathan Nichols-Pethick.

This issue's columns in brief:

"?Margaret Cho?s Televisual Trajectory: From All-American Girl to The
Cho Show" by Jane Park (http://flowtv.org/?p=3800)
Follows Margaret Cho?s star trajectory from All-American Girl to The Cho Show.

"Jung and Lost" by Ted Friedman (http://flowtv.org/?p=3865):
Friedman applies the theoretical work of Carl Jung to the popular
television drama Lost.

"Mobile Music South of the Border " by Patrick Burkart and Christopher
Joseph Westgate (http://flowtv.org/?p=3805):
A discussion of the infrastructure behind the Mexican mobile music industry

"Mediating Urban Cultural Borders" by Michela Ardizzoni
(http://flowtv.org/?p=3780):
Examining the Trace: Urban Network and its politics concerning urban
spaces, national narratives, and more.

"Raymond Williams on the Elliptical" by Ethan Thompson
(http://flowtv.org/?p=3799 ):
A look at displaced television viewing and its effects on our
understanding of the medium.

"A Long-Tailed Media Omnivore?s Dilemma" by Jonathan Nichols-Pethick
(http://flowtv.org/?p=3734):
Consideration of the opportunities available to local television
production and consumption in a world of new technologies and new
economies.

Interested in supporting Flow? Click HERE (http://flowtv.org/?page_id=2143).

FlowTV is now on Twitter! Follow Flow's Twitter page at:
http://twitter.com/flowtv .

We look forward to your visit and encourage your comments.

Best wishes,

Flow Editorial Staff

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org