SCREEN-L Archives

March 2009, Week 1

From:
Darrell Newton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:24:26 -0500
Danielle,

While you have surely received more than enough advice on these matters, I can't urge you enough to consider the AVS media suite. It allows for DVD burning of course; but also provides quick and clean recoding (i.e. DVD video to AVI, QuickTime or MPEG) for power point insertion, and the like. Please see http://www.avsmedia.com/

Best,

Darrell M. Newton, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Mass Media and Cultural Studies
The Department of Communication Arts
Salisbury University
269 Fulton Hall
Salisbury, MD 21801
(410) 677-5060 Office
(410) 543-6229 Department

http://faculty.salisbury.edu/~dmnewton/

>>> "Robert T. Self" <[log in to unmask]> 3/5/2009 8:36 AM >>>
Danielle--

I'm sure you're getting good responses from the list on the legal
issues (which are on your side) here, but just in case you use the
Mac, there's great and free and easy to use software for making your
own clips. Here's a tutorial with all the information you need:

<http://tvcrit3.tvcrit.com/content/view/68/116/>

Good Luck,

Bob Self
English Department