SCREEN-L Archives

March 2009, Week 1

From:
Robert Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 12:28:28 -0500
 New Yorker was shut down as part of a foreclosure against their parent company. Technically, that means that they and all their assets are now owned by whatever financial institution was involved. I'm not familiar with New York foreclosure law, but I'd guess that the current holder is not going to be bothered with keeping their office running. There has been a fair amount of speculation about what will happen to their library but I'd guess that until someone buys it, their films will be unavailable for a while.?