ATA-PLAYLIST  February 2009

ATA-PLAYLIST February 2009

All Things Acoustic Playlist: 27 February 2009

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 21:57:18 -0600

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 27 February 2009:

Stephan Smith, "All Together Now," Now's the Time (Rounder)
Harry Belafonte, "Oh Freedom," Let Freedom Sing (Time Life)
Julius Lester, "Ain't Gonna Let Nobody Turn me Round," Freedom Is a Constant Struggle (Folk Era)
The Harmonizing Four, "I Shall Not Be Moved," Let Freedom Sing (Time Life)
Brother Will Hairston, "The Alabama Bus," Let Freedom Sing (Time Life)
SNCC Freedom Singers, "Ballad of Medgar Evers," Let Freedom Sing (Time Life)
The Ramparts, "The Death of Emmett Till," Let Freedom Sing (Time Life)
Billie Holiday, "Strange Fruit," Let Freedom Sing (Time Life)
Big Bill Broonzy, "When Do I Get to Be Called a Man," Let Freedom Sing (Time Life)
Bob Dylan, "Blowin' in the Wind," Let Freedom Sing (Time Life)
The Weavers, "The Hammer Song (If I Had a Hammer)," Let Freedom Sing (Time Life)
Sweet Honey in the Rock, "Eyes on the Prize," Freedom Song (Sony Classical)
The Southern Sons, "Go Down Moses," Let Freedom Sing (Time Life)
Nina Simone, "Mississippi Goddam," Let Freedom Sing (Time Life)
Mahalia Jackson, "We Shall Overcome," Let Freedom Sing (Time Life)
The Red Mountain White Trash, "Boat's Up the River," Sweet Bama (Whoop It Up!)
Ann Savoy, "C'est Si Triste," Divine Secrets of the Ya-Yah Sisterhood (Sony)
Bruce Molsky & Big Hoedown, "Rocky Mountain," Bruce Molsky & Big Hoedown (Rounder)
Tracy Chapman, "The Times They Are A-Changin'," Bob Dylan: The 30th Anniversary Celebration (Columbia)
Bob Dylan, "Sitting on Top of the World," Good as I been To You (Columbia)
Rick Robbins with Rory Block, "Bob Dylan's Dream," Don't Deny My Name (Seeds of Man)
Dar Williams, "Mark Rothko Song," Honesty Room (Waterbug)
Jamie Anderson, "Three Bridges," Listen (Tsunami)
Ani DiFranco, "Little Plastic Castle," Little Plastic Castle (Righteous Babe)
Gordon Bok, Ann Mayo Muir, Ed Trickett, "Wild Birds," And So Will We Yet (Folk-Legacy)
Brooks Williams, "O Leaozinho," Little Lion (Signature Sounds)
Varttina, "Vihma," Vihma (BMG/Wicklow)
Groupa, "Varm Hog," 15 Years (NorthSide)
Loudon Wainwright, "Pack Up Your Sorrows," Bleecker Street (Astor Place)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=ATA-PLAYLIST&A=1