SCREEN-L Archives

January 2009, Week 3

From:
Benjamin Halligan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 22:51:10 -0000
zulawski's la fidelite

________________________________

From: Film and TV Studies Discussion List on behalf of Dorothee Birke
Sent: Fri 16/01/2009 13:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SCREEN-L] Photography in horror films

Dear list members,

This is a question for horror film buffs: we are
currently trying to compile a corpus of horror films in which
photography is used in order to show things that are invisible to the
naked eye. Examples would be The Omen, in which smudges on photographs
foreshadow the deaths of the people in the picture, or Shutter, in
which photos reveal the presence of a ghost.

Can anybody think of horror films featuring photographs or photographers? We would greatly appreciate your help!

With many thanks in advance and best wishes

Dorothee and Michael

PS: Other films that already came to mind were Ring, The Shining and The Asphyx.

-------------------------------
Dorothee Birke and Michael Butter
Junior fellows
Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS)

School of Language and Literature

Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet Freiburg

Albertstr. 19

79104 Freiburg
Germany

http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M0901xClipClub
Windows Live Messenger + MSN Video = MSN ClipClub!
http://www.ScreenSite.org <http://www.screensite.org/>