SCREEN-L Archives

August 2008, Week 4

From:
Lang Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:45:16 -0400
Screen-L may not be the best home for news items but I think Farber
was important enough for many of us to deserve the
recognition.  Negative Space was a revelation when I first read it
(in a copy that was a gift from Screen-L's founder over two decades
ago) and that's hardly an uncommon reaction.

http://www.villagevoice.com/2008-08-19/film/manny-farber-1917-2008/

http://nymag.com/daily/movies/2008/08/reflections_on_manny_farber_a_1.html

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/08/death-of-a-grea.html

http://weblogs.variety.com/thompsononhollywood/2008/08/obit-critic-man.html

http://www.jonathanrosenbaum.com/?p=14534

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/flickgrrl/Manny_Farber_1917-2008.html

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org