SCREEN-L Archives

July 2008, Week 4

From:
Pamela Wojcik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:38:33 -0500
I have seen reference to James Baldwin's identification of urban
renewal as "Negro removal."  I do not know where this quote comes
from.  Can anyone verify the quote and provide a reference for it?

Thanks,
Pam Wojcik

Pamela Robertson Wojcik
Associate Professor, Dept. of Film, TV and Theatre
University of Notre Dame
230C DeBartolo Performing Arts Center
Notre Dame, IN 46556
574-631-8599

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org