SCREEN-L Archives

December 2007, Week 1

Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2007 13:30:19 -0800
****PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY****

*

*Call for Papers: Vine Deloria, Jr. Memorial Panel*

*"His Body of Work, in Memoriam: Vine Deloria, Jr."*

*Native/Indigenous Studies Area**

**2008 Southwest/Texas Popular Culture/American Culture Association*

*February ** 13–16**, 2008*

*Southwest/Texas Popular & American Culture Association's
29th Annual Conference* *in* *Albuquerque, NM*

Paper proposals are now being accepted for a panel dedicated to the breadth
of work and teachings of Vine Deloria, Jr. in the Native/Indigenous Studies
Area. Given the immediacy of this since his very recent passing, I'm happy
to accept titles and very short abstracts for submission. Ideas can be
fleshed out more later on.

* The deadline for submitting proposals is December 15, 2007.*

Inquiries regarding this area and/or abstracts of 250 words may be sent to
Sara Sutler-Cohen or John Miles at the contacts below. Please forward this
email to people who would be interested in participating.

*Dr. Sara C. Sutler-Cohen*
Area Co-Chair, Native Studies
PCA/ACA Annual Regional Conferences
Department of Sociology
Bellevue Community College
3000 Landerholm Circle, SE
Bellevue, WA 98007

The 2008 SW/TX PCA/ACA Conference will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico at
the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque. Join us this year, as a returning or
first-time participant, as we celebrate the 29th year of this regional
popular culture conference. Further details regarding the conference
(listing of all areas, hotel, registration, tours, etc.) can be found at
http://www.h-net.org/~swpca/ <http://www.h-net.org/%7Eswpca/> . PLEASE
NOTE: THE DEADLINE FOR CONFERENCE REGISTRATION IS DECEMBER 31, 2007.

--
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking." -- Hugh
Laurie, "House"