SCREEN-L Archives

November 2007, Week 4

Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:56:28 -0600
Greetings,

We want to let you know that the new issue of Flow: A Critical Forum on
Television and Media Culture is out.

This week begins a new volume of Flow and a whole new group of contributors.

This issue’s columns in brief:

“Television, Film and Creative Labor ” by David Hesmondhalgh
An examination of labor and class in the fields of television and film.

“Missing in Time: Madeline McCann and the Media” by Karen Lury
How Madeleine went missing in an inundation of media coverage.

“Huntsman v. Soderbergh and Copyright Law” by Christopher Jordan
How companies such as Cleanflix and Clearplay have led to new interpretations of
copyright law and fair use.

“Post-Closet Television” by Ron Becker
Discusses the changing representations of gay and straight men in “post-closet”
network television as well as the ideological implications of this new era.

“Darkly Dreaming of Dexter: If Loving Him Is Wrong I Don't Want To Be Right” by
Bambi Haggins
An analysis of the appeal of the eponymous anti-hero in Showtime's black
comedy/crime drama "Dexter”.

We look forward to your visit and encourage your comments.

Best wishes,

Flow Editorial Staff