SCREEN-L Archives

November 2007, Week 1

Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:51:38 EST
We are very happy to announce that the Milestone website now offers the
convenience of online purchasing. Please visit the Milestone shop at
www.milestonefilms.com for 20% off ALL our DVD releases, plus free shipping for three or
more DVDs!

And to add to the great news, our two big DVD releases of the year, Charles
Burnett’s KILLER OF SHEEP: THE CHARLES BURNETT COLLECTION and Mikhail Kalatozov’
s I AM CUBA: THE ULTIMATE EDITION   are now available for purchase at
www.milestonefilms.com!

KILLER OF SHEEP, the best reviewed film of the year, comes in a two-disc
deluxe edition with Burnett’s second film MY BROTHER’S WEDDING, four of his
acclaimed short films, commentary by Charles Burnett and Richard Peña, and liner
notes by film critic Armond White.

I AM CUBA comes in a limited-edition, three-disc “Cigar Box” package that
has already been called the DVD gift item of the holiday season by Movie City
News. Along with a brand-new high-definition master from the original fine-grain
35mm master and two restored soundtracks (in Russian and Spanish with their
own English subtitle tracks), the box comes with two feature-length
documentaries: one on the making   of the film and another on the life of the director.
PLUS special videos of Martin Scorsese, Yevgeni Yevtushenko, and a whole lot of
other goodies!

Both releases have literally been years in the making and we are sure you
will love the bonus features we’ve prepared for each of them.

So come to www.milestonefilms.com and see what’s new!

Dennis Doros, Amy Heller, Nadja Tennstedt & Victor Vazquez
Milestone Film & Video
For More Information, Contact
(800) 603-1104