SCREEN-L Archives

October 2007, Week 1

From:
Jessica Rosner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:24:08 -0400
Thanks James
And in a act of shameless self promotion ( well not like I actually get
anything PERSONALLY out of it) here is the link to where you can pre-order
A DVD with oodles of extras direct from the Kino web site

http://www.kino.com/video/item.php?film_id=879

Support your local independent film distributors

On 10/4/07 10:59 AM, "James Steffen" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear all:
>

> Some of you are probably aware of this already, but Turner Classic Movies is
> broadcasting the 2005 restoration of THE BATTLESHIP POTEMKIN, accompanied by
> Edmund Meisel's orchestral score, on Sunday, October 21 at midnight EST.
> This is the same version slated for DVD release by Kino on October 23.
>

> Here's a link to my article for TCM about the restoration:
>
> http://www.tcm.turner.com/thismonth/article.jsp?cid=180855
>

> I personally think this new version plays much more effectively than the
> sluggish, stretch-printed 1976 Soviet version released on DVD previously.
> It's also a better looking transfer, with less cropping around the edges.
>

> Cheers,
>
> James Steffen
>

> James M. Steffen
> Film Studies and Media Librarian
> Theater and Dance Subject Liaison
> Marian K. Heilbrun Music and Media Library
> Robert W. Woodruff Library, Emory University
> Atlanta, GA 30322-2870
>

> Phone: (404) 727-8107
> FAX: (404) 727-2257
> Email: <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
>

> ----
> Online resources for film/TV studies may be found at ScreenSite
> http://www.ScreenSite.org

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503