SCREEN-L Archives

September 2007, Week 3

Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:08:17 EDT
Dear friends,

Kevin Brownlow is attempting to get his wonderful book, THE WAR, THE WEST AND
THE WILDERNESS reprinted by the University of California Press. It's the
third of his trilogy that includes THE PARADE'S GONE BY and BEHIND THE MASK OF
INNOCENCE. As the person who aquired Milestone's first film rights based on this
book, Kevin asked me to write a letter to his editor, but I thought I could do
more.

I think it's vital that we help in this cause as it's truly one of the great
"lost" books about cinema. If you know the book or think everything by Kevin
should be in print as I do, I would personally and truly appreciate it if you
could write a quick email to the editor, Mary Francis at
[log in to unmask] and express how important this book would be to republish -- and if
you're a professor or education professional, to your students as well.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video / Milliarium Zero
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035