SCREEN-L Archives

February 2007, Week 1

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:00:01 +1000
7bit
From:
lisa bode <[log in to unmask]>
G'day,

Well I remember learning first year Film studies from B+T. The classes were
organised around seeing how well the ideas from the book could be applied to
different films, and a question of were there films that resisted the B+T
treatment. We spent many hours watching clips chosen by the teacher, taking
notes by ourselves using the different tools from the book to analyse how
say, editing, sound, mise en scene etc made meaning in the film, and then
breaking into groiups to combine ideas for 15 minutes before each group
reported back to the class as a whole.

Lisa