SCREEN-L Archives

December 2006, Week 4

From:
"Larsson, Donald F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 21:54:23 -0600
I can't vouch for its accuracy but Stats-a-mania (http://www.teako170.com/box50-59.html) is an online source that lists top box office films by year.  There are some holes in the data (for instance, not all foreign distribution income is factored in), and there could be a number of other factors that skew the statistics, but it seems to be a good place to start, if only as a baseline.  Back issues of THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER or VARIETYmight have more authoritative figures, but even then the stats can be cooked in various ways.

Don Larsson

"Nothing is ever the same as they said it was.  It's what I've never seen before that I recognize."  --Diane Arbus

Donald F. Larsson
Department of English, AH 230
Minnesota State University
Mankato, MN  56001