SCREEN-L Archives

September 2006, Week 2

Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:06:55 -0500
Greetings,

We just wanted to let you know that the new issue of Flow: A Critical Forum on
Television and Media Culture is out. This issue features columns by David Lavery
and Jonathan Gray.

Please visit the journal at http://www.flowtv.org to read these columns and
contribute responses to them.

This issue's columns in brief:

"Hate, Dislike, Disgust, Distemper, and Distaste" by Jonathan Gray:
Television viewers often define themselves just as strongly by what they dislike
as by what they like. Can television studies attempt to account for taste?

"24: Jumping the Shark Every Minute" by David Lavery:
24, a show that experiments radically with the nature and form of televisuality,
has taken "shark-jumping" to a new level.

We look forward to your visit and encourage your comments.

Best wishes,

Flow Editorial Staff