SCREEN-L Archives

September 2006, Week 1

From:
Fabrice Lyczba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 11:26:36 +0200
Same problem. Would appreciate greatly any enlightement on this whole
Google issue.

However, I found a couple of interesting books (Dench: Advertising by
Motion Pictures, 1916, for example) on www.archive.org, in the 'text'
section. Seems they are making available non-copyright protected
books there too.

F.L.

On Sep 1, 2006, at 7:28 AM, Paul Ramaeker wrote:

> I don't quite understand this Google Book thing.  I read the message
> posted here and was excited to try it out.  I opened a Google
> account and
> everything, but the links provided in the message on this topic to
> Screen-L went to a page with the title of the book on it, the
> option to
> search for references to it online, etc., but no text of the book
> at all.
> I understood that I would actually be able to look at the texts of
> the two
> film books in that post.  Is there something I am doing wrong?
> What are
> other folks' experiences?
>
> pbr
>
> ----
> Online resources for film/TV studies may be found at ScreenSite
> http://www.ScreenSite.org

         ---
  F. Lyczba
  [log in to unmask] / 06 64 87 39 63