SCREEN-L Archives

July 2006, Week 4

From:
"Larsson, Donald F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:26:13 -0500
I'm not sure if there any many recent and comprehensive studies of these kinds, but a starting place might be guide to teaching film published by the Modern Language Association and edited by Gerald Mast.  It provides a brief essays on different aspects of teaching film within the English curriculum.  It's now out of print, but I recall seeing a notice that a new version of a similar book for MLA is in the works.

Don Larsson

"Life is not a series of gig lamps symmetrically arranged; life is a luminous halo, a semi-transparent envelope surrounding us from the beginning of consciousness to the end."  --Virginia Woolf

Donald F. Larsson
Department of English, AH 230
Minnesota State University
Mankato, MN  56001