SCREEN-L Archives

March 2006, Week 1

From:
"Peter C. Rollins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:01:19 EST

UPDATED ON March 2,  2006
Dear Film  Scholars,
Below is a revised list. Thanks to those who wrote and identified areas  you
wanted to lead.  The items below are still  strays….
We are getting our act together for the November Film and History League
biennial conference on “The Documentary Tradition.”  Many are the areas, but
below are some  for which we need duty experts as Area Chairs.  Please volunteer
to help us; being an  Area Chair is a great experience because you get to talk
with people about their  intellectual passions, always a pleasure for the
true academic.
Please step forward on the below or suggest items we have neglected to  list
or consider.
Our web site has a plethora of information about the meeting.
Thanks so much….and BE THERE!
Peter C. Rollins
_www.filmandhistory.org_ (http://www.filmandhistory.org/)
PS: Our official poster is  available on the web site as an ADOBE pdf file.
Please print
and display at school or put  on our wall and admire.
_______________________________________
Areas defined, but not  assigned:
ABC
Avant Garde
British Classics
Canadian
CBS
DeAntonio, Emile
Films for military  uses
Grierson
HBO
Industrial/Corporate
NBC
New Zealand
Politics/Political  Campaigns/Presidential Libraries
Publich Health and  Safety
Sixty Minutes
Sports/ESPN/NFL
Wolper, David
Looking for other fertile  areas…suggest them.
Peter