SCREEN-L Archives

February 2006, Week 4

From:
Julian Stringer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:12:02 +0000
Dear All

*Scope: An Online Journal of Film Studies* recently celebrated its fifth year of continuous publication. To mark this occasion, we've compiled our first Reader, a selection of articles first published in the journal between 2000-2005. The Reader is designed to illustrate the diversity and quality of the work we seek to publish.

The Reader is available at http://www.scope.nottingham.ac.uk/reader/index.php. The table of contents is reproduced below:

*21st CENTURY FILM STUDIES: A 'SCOPE' READER*

Introduction
James Burton

Contexts

News, Reviews, Clues, Interviews and Other Ancillary Materials - A Critique and Research Proposal
Martin Barker

Popular Film/Popular Feminism: The Critical Reception of the Rape-Revenge Film
Jacinda Read

New Kids on the Street: The Pan-Asian Youth Film
David Desser

Rethinking the Intersection of Cinema, Genre, and Youth
James Hay

Going Out (of Town): New Geographies of Cinema-Going in the UK
Phil Hubbard

Texts

"The Men Who Came Back": Anonymity and Recognition in Local British Roll of Honour Films (1914-1918)
Michael Hammond

Reading Ambiguity and Ambivalence: The Asymmetric Structure of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Felicia Chan

"It's aimed at kids - the kid in everybody": George Lucas, Star Wars and Children's Entertainment
Peter Krämer

Spectre over London: Mary Poppins, Privatism and Finance Capital
Jon Simons

American Civil Religion, The Lost Cause, and D.W. Griffith: The Birth of a Nation Revisited
Kris Jozajtis

0.01cm: Affectivity and Urban Space in Chungking Express
Wendy Gan

How queer is L'Air de Paris? - Marcel Carné and queer authorship
Alexander Dhoest

best

Julian