SCREEN-L Archives

December 2005, Week 2

From:
Marty Norden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 23:37:50 -0500
Hi, Tim (and other SCREEN-Lers).  I visited Ohlinger's about a month and a
half ago and found them to be quite helpful.  I called ahead to get a
sense of the costs, and they quoted me $10 per 8X10 glossy still, whether
color or B&W.  This is indeed what they ended up charging me, and they
worked with me for almost three hours without any hint that I had worn out
my welcome.  It's an unusual place, to be sure, but I for one had no
difficulties with them.

BTW, they moved to a new location about a year and a half ago.  They are
now at 253 W. 35th St. in Manhattan, not far from the Empire State Bldg.
Their website at <moviematerials.com> is pretty worthless, at least the
last time I checked, so if you have specific films in mind, it's best to
call them at (212) 989-0869 or e-mail them at <[log in to unmask]> to see if
they have what you want.

best,
Marty
          Martin F. Norden
  OO      Communication Dept., 409 Machmer Hall     [log in to unmask]
  [_]<|   University of Massachusetts-Amherst       fax: 413 545-6399
  /|\     Amherst, MA  01003-9278      USA          vox: 413 545-0598
	        Home page: http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~norden

http://www.ScreenSite.org