SCREEN-L Archives

December 2005, Week 2

From:
Tim Shary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:28:56 -0500
This could further open up a discussion of whether it's proper to have
advanced undergrads present at academic conferences.  I gather that SCMS,
UFVA, MLA, etc. only select grad students and professors for presentations,
but I have seen a choice few undergrad papers that have been worthy of
presenting alongside grads and professors.  In my experience, I've only
recommended one undergrad to present at a conference, with outstanding work
she did for an honors thesis, and her paper was highly praised.  What do
other people think?

Tim Shary
Clark University