SCREEN-L Archives

December 2005, Week 2

From:
Chandler Harriss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 05:41:29 -0500
According to the FAQ at Elyse's CSI at http://members.aol.com/remiped/
csi-faq.htm#F2.16:

2.16 How do they do that incredible photography on the show?
CSI is shot on Super 35mm film, but is telecined to HD (high
definition) for post production work. This allows the creators to
give the show a more cinematic appearance. They're able to color
correct from the tape without having to use the negative. Visual
enhancements are done that turn a scene grainy when going to a
flashback, or infuse vibrant colors when panning Vegas' brilliant
neon lights. Viewers may also recognize the fascinating in-wound
shots from the movie The Three Kings, where the effect was first
introduced.

-chad