SCREEN-L Archives

August 2005, Week 5

From:
Jane Park <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:56:09 -0500
Hello,

I am trying to come up with a list of US science fiction films since 1999 in which the
protagonist is not white (except for The Matrix and I, Robot). I'm looking specifically
for SF films with cyberpunk and/or cybernetics themes and tropes rather than those
dealing with aliens and/or fantasy (e.g. Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick, etc.) On a
related note, I am also looking for non-white characters in (not necessarily SF) films
who are technologically savvy or otherwise closely associated with new
technologies. Any help with either or both of these queries would be greatly
appreciated. Please email me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks,
Jane

Jane C. H. Park
Assistant Professor