SCREEN-L Archives

July 2005, Week 5

Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:56:30 +1000
Dear SCREEN-L members -

(1) I think I've already indicated here that the Alfred Hitchcock
Scholars/'MacGuffin' website has lately launched its Academic Hitchcock
page with three exciting contributions from, respectively, Prof. Murray
Pomerance, Prof. Richard Allen, and Dr Theodore Price. What I'd now
welcome are expressions of interest for further contributions to this
feature. Pieces should be well-written and Hitchcock-related.

The Index page for the website is: http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~muffin

(2) May I take this opportunity to mention that a long profile by me of
Alfred Hitchcock and his work has now appeared online in the 'Senses of
Cinema' Great Directors section. Prof. Tony Williams calls it 'a
definitive profile in its own right and worthy of frequent
consultation'. My editor was equally kind: 'I think it is an
enthralling essay: beautifully written, loving in tone ...'

Here's the URL:
http://www.sensesofcinema.com/contents/directors/05/hitchcock.html#top

Thanks - Ken Mogg (Ed., 'The MacGuffin')

http://www.ScreenSite.org