SCREEN-L Archives

June 2005, Week 1

Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 12:15:15 EDT
Dear friends and programmers,

I'm sorry to bother all of you, but I have a favor to ask. We have an article
on our website, "Ideas on Running a Film Society" that we wrote almost
fifteen years ago when we first started Milestone. You can find it at
http://www.milestonefilms.com/article.php?aID=1

It has come to our attention this morning that technologically this article
is now vastly out of date, so it has to be re-written. Even the title is
somewhat old fashioned as many don't even screen film anymore! HOWEVER, and this is
where you come in, this article started because we believe there's a need to
have an encompassing guide that will help the small library, college and
independent film societies grow since the this is the grassroots audience for ALL
theaters in the nation. If they're willing to see a foreign or documentary film
in college or a local library when they're young, it is much more likely they
will go on to see more later on in life.

SO, if any of you would like to, I would really encourage those to read it
and come back to me with corrections, suggestions and any additions you may
think of. Funny stories and good promotional ideas are especially welcome and will
be credited.

For those who are not interested, I apologize in advance. And of course, for
those who would like to be removed from our email list, please email me back
and I'll do so immediately. Thanks!

Best,
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video