SCREEN-L Archives

March 2005, Week 1

From:
Karen Orr Vered <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:50:58 +0930
I'd like a list of first broadcasts for TV by nation.  Does one exist or
shall we compile one?

In Australia the first non-test broadcast is cited as the Commonwealth
Games of 1956.  In Israel I am told it was a parade or some sort of
ceremony of honour after the 1967 war.

What was it in France, Japan, USSR, Peru...?

I'd like more of these firsts.  Thanks in advance.

Karen Orr Vered, PhD
Senior Lecturer
Screen Studies

Flinders University