SCREEN-L Archives

February 2005, Week 4

From:
Mark Winokur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:28:32 -0700
Hi, All:

I've been asked to organize a group of short papers for ELN. If anyone is
interested, here are some details:

"As the special issue editor of the inaugural volume of the new English
Language Notes (March 2006), "Literary History and the Religious Turn," I
am writing to invite you to organize a cluster on Mel Gibson's film "The
Passion of the Christ." We are hoping that you might solicit contributions
from perhaps 5-6 scholars interested in taking on this film and its
implications for the study of cinema at a moment of heightened religiosity
in the American public sphere. Given our dedication to returning ELN to its
traditional strength as a forum for shorter, note-length interventions in
various subfields of literary and cultural study, we'd be happy to receive
contributions that are quite brief: no more than 4-6 double-spaced
manuscript pages for each contribution would be just fine."

Best,
mark winokur