SCREEN-L Archives

January 2005, Week 1

From:
Robert Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:17:24 -0500
I read once, but can not confirm, that the first Canadian edition of Memento on DVD included an option to play the film in reverse order. That was not the case with the first US edition, but I'm not familiar with the contents of the so-called "special edition".
Some DVD software allows you to create your own menu, so you could reverse the scene chapters - assuming that each chronological segment is marked as a different chapter...
Incidentally, James Bridges' 1984 film "Mike's Murder" was written and filmed in reverse chronological order, but the studio reportedly found it too confusing and re-edited the film from front to back, so to speak... As far as I know, no one has even seen Bridges' original version...
Robert Hunt