SCREEN-L Archives

December 2004, Week 4

From:
Evan Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:53:06 -0500
Hello -

I'm researching foreign comedians to whom they speak English as a second
language for an American television project about an immigrant coming to New
York.  I'm looking for an eccentric comedian (i.e. a Roberto Benigni before
"Life is Beautiful") who is famous in their home country but largely unknown
in the United States.

We primarily are looking at Eastern Europe/The Balkans but would also be
interested in comedians from Italy and other non-native English speaking
countries.  We are focusing right now on males age 25-ish to 50, but talent
is more important then age.  Charm, likeability, and improv ability is
important - they will be in real situations and have to improvise.  Someone
who maybe a comedian but limited in experience to stand-up is okay.  They
should be funny in real life - as storylines will be established around them
but they will also be bringing there own comic abilities.

Any suggestions from this list of experts who have seen foreign cinema would
be great - I was referred to this list as being helpful.  I'm not a member
of this list so I don't know if I'll see your replies unless you email them
to [log in to unmask]

Thanks for your assistance, and Happy Holidays!

Best,

Evan Friedman

http://www.ScreenSite.org