SCREEN-L Archives

December 2004, Week 3

From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:51:17 -0500
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=0&tiq=little+shop&rg=A

Is any DVD release of the original version better quality than the others?  It looks like Unicorn is the same company as Miracle/Peacock/Passion/Digital Works, since the one with the picture of Jack from _The Shining_ is definitely from this company, as I've seen it in the store, and they always crank up the sound so loud that on the copy it's permanently distorted no matter how much you turn it down.

Front Row doesn't normally do this, but their discs of Tezuka's Leo the Lion are.  I'm glad I bought only volume 3, since I have parts of volumes 1 and 2 on EP VHS, which is preferable, as strange as it may seem.

Scott

Sent via the WebMail system at cix.csi.cuny.edu