SCREEN-L Archives

November 2004, Week 5

From:
Laurie Stras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:28:57 +0000
Johnny Staccato and Pete Kelly's Blues (both 1959) both featured a moody
musician-turned-PI.

Over here in the UK, Rock Follies (1976) and the sequel Rock Follies of '77
dramatised a Labelle-like girl group's fortunes - something I'm looking at
at the moment.

Would The Singing Detective and/or Pennies From Heaven count?

I hesitate to mention The Partridge Family.... Although I'd quite like to
toy with the conceit of David Cassidy as a tormented soul.

--
Dr Laurie Stras
Music, School of Humanities

tel:  +44 (0)23 8059 3425
fax:  +44 (0)23 8059 3197
http://www.soton.ac.uk/~lastras

Musica Secreta are on Linn Records www.linnrecords.com
"Were Botticelli's Primavera to burst into song, she would probably sound
like this." - Independent on Sunday

http://www.ScreenSite.org