SCREEN-L Archives

November 2004, Week 5

Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:51:18 -0600
7bit
Sender:
Right off the bat, JJ from GOOD TIMES comes to mind. There are also a
few episodes of ROSEANNE where she discusses giving up writing to raise
her kids and marry Dan. Joey from FRIENDS and JOEY is a struggling
actor. ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT has Gob who is a frustrated and somewhat
demented magician. SIX FEET UNDER has Claire an art student. Eldon from
MURPHY BROWN paints houses instead of canvases. Caroline from CAROLINE
IN THE CITY draws a comic strip. Rodney currently on RODNEY is an
aspiring stand-up comedian. Finally, NORTHERN EXPOSURE has several
characters you might consider Adam, Even and Chris.

I'm not sure all of these fall into the tormented/demented category,
but at the very least they do seem to be pursuing artistic careers.

-chad

Chandler Harriss
PhD Candidate
University of Alabama