SCREEN-L Archives

November 2004, Week 3

From:
Janet Staiger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:14:37 -0600
UPDATE:  THE THIRD ANNUAL CULTURAL STUDIES ASSOCIATION (U.S.) MEETING
Tucson, Arizona
April 21-24, 2005

The website is now up and ready.

www.csaus.pitt.edu

The Cultural Studies Association (U.S.) invites participation in its 3rd
annual conference from all areas and on all topics of relevance to Cultural
Studies, including but not limited to literature, history, sociology,
geography, anthropology, communications, popular culture, cultural theory,
queer studies, critical race studies, feminist studies, postcolonial
studies, media and film studies, material culture studies, performance and
visual arts studies.

The conference this year will feature a plenary and stream of panels on the
theme "Sex, Race and Globalization," as well as plenaries on "The Current
Conjuncture" and "Media Activism." Through the Sex, Race and Globalization
stream, we seek to explore the imbrication of sexuality, gender and race
with economic, political and informational processes across local,
regional, national and transnational scales.

We welcome proposals for individual papers or fully constituted panels.
Please submit all proposals to our website by our deadline of December 15,
2004.

www.csaus.pitt.edu

If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail us at:  [log in to unmask]

This year the conference will also feature a series of seminars.  Seminars
are small-group (maximum 15 individuals) discussion sessions for which
participants write brief "position papers" that are read and circulated
prior to the conference. The list of seminars and instructions for signing
up for seminars will be available on our website after October 22.

http://www.ScreenSite.org