SCREEN-L Archives

September 2004, Week 4

From:
Tim Shary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:56:19 -0400
I think many of the Criterion DVDs offer very illuminating extras (even if
there will always be some tensions around how such extras frame the film in
one way or another). The two that I found most valuable in this regard were
Sirk's "All that Heaven Allows" and David Gordon Green's "George
Washington".

    Tim

Dr. Timothy Shary
Director of Screen Studies