SCREEN-L Archives

August 2004, Week 5

From:
Miranda Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:35:27 -0700
SCMS: Production Studies Panel

Hi everyone. We know this is quite last minute, but someone dropped out
and we are trying to fill our panel for SCMS. The panel we are
proposing is on production studies--video, television, gaming, and
film. Rather than focusing our panel on a certain theme or medium, we
are more interested in methodology. What can we learn from interviewing
people--or going behind the scenes ourselves--about our areas of
research? From the manufacturing of the technology, to sexual politics
on the set, to guild, trade, or government policies and procedures, how
do the choices of how things are managed and produced behind the scenes
affect the final product that is shown on the screen?

If you are interested in joining our fantastic (but a bit too small)
group of scholars, please send an email and/or SAF to:

Vicki Mayer
Tulane University

Thanks so much.