SCREEN-L Archives

March 2004, Week 3

From:
"Sarah L. Higley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 23:00:38 -0500
This is so familiar to me!  I thought it was a short story.  It has the
quality of an O Henry.  The woman knows he's worth his salt if he'll
address the old woman instead of walking away.  Sorry I can't help you.

S.Higley

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Scott Hutchins wrote:

> I saw a short film on a DVD at a screening that had to do with a guy
> in World War II who carries on a corespondence with a woman who
> previously owned his copy of _Anna Karenina_, which he bought from an
> Afrian-American rare book dealer.  It ended with him being told that
> they would meet in a train station and she would hold a rose so he
> would know who she was (she refused to send him a photo).  When he
> gets there, he finds a stout elderly lady holding a rose.  After
> hesitation, he finally decides to introduce himself.  She tells him
> she has no idea who he is, but that a young woman in a restaurant
> across the street told him that if he spoke to her, to tell him where
> she was. Can anyone give me the title of this film?
>
> Scott
>
> ----
> For past messages, visit the Screen-L Archives:
> http://bama.ua.edu/archives/screen-l.html

Sarah L. Higley                            [log in to unmask]
Associate Professor of English                office:  (585) 275-9261
The University of Rochester                   fax:     (585) 442-5769
Rochester NY, 14627
Py dydwc glein / O erddygnawt vein?
"What brings a gem from a hard stone?"               Book of Taliesin