SCREEN-L Archives

February 2004, Week 2

From:
Shane Nye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:49:43 -0800
Hello Robert,

I have a short film (see description below).  Please
contact me if you would like a copy.  I have run out
and need to dub some more, so I should do a few on
DVD.

Shane Nye

http://www.fullframefest.org/archives/2001changing.cfm

CRUCEROS Y CAMINOS**
Southeast, the town of Clinton, North Carolina, has
become home to a vibrant and growing Spanish-speaking
community. This diverse community of newcomers, who
are attracted to the area by jobs in the agriculture
and livestock industries, are struggling to honor
their cultural and religious identities while making
new lives. This short video documentary, made by a
graduate student from UNC- Greensboro in collaboration
with Clinton's Immaculate Conception Church and local
Latino leaders, consists of still and moving images of
community meetings, religious ceremonies, and cultural
festivals which are narrated by a mosaic of voices
from the community.
Language: Spanish
Subtitles: English
Year: 1996