SCREEN-L Archives

February 2004, Week 2

From:
"Larsson, Donald F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 23:30:26 -0600
One more suggestion, which is a guilty pleasure for its elision of the writing process: Gregory Ratoff's BLACK MAGIC, which opens with Duman *pere* (Raymond Burr!) complaining to *fils* that he can't get going on a book on Cagliostro (played by Orson Welles).  He begins to tell Cagliostro's story and the film becomes the story, ending with Dumas signing the book that he's just written!

Don Larsson

"Only connect!" --E.M. Forster
Donald F. Larsson
Department of English