SCREEN-L Archives

September 2003, Week 5

From:
michael goddard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:38:44 +1200
Dear Vicki Callahan,

I'm writing because I'm very intertested in the film studies position at the
University of Wisconsin-Milawukee and would like all relevant information,
application forms etc. In fact you may remember me (as they say on the
Simpsons) from the Forever Godard conference (we were on the same Godard and
the sacred panel); I am a very near to completion PHD student at the
University of Sydney/Art History and Theory department, with very similar
cinematic interests to those required for this position.

Materials can be sent to me at 5 Don St., Newtown, NSW 2042, Australia, or
faxed to (612)93514212.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Michael Goddard

>From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: job announcement
>Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:43:02 -0500
>
>Associate/Full Professor, Film Studies.  We seek to hire an
>interdisciplinary scholar with a strong background in film history,
>criticism, and theory.  Knowledge of experimental/alternative film/video
>desired. Successful candidate will participate in the interdisciplinary
>Film Studies program as well as teach undergraduate and graduate courses.
>Preference given to candidates whose research projects/creative works are
>innovative, well recognized within the field, and who are active in Film
>Studies professional organizations.  Must be willing to participate in the
>ongoing curricular and programmatic work of the UWM Film Studies major.
>

>Applicants should send dossier including letter, CV, and three letters of
>recommendation to Vicki Callahan, Film Studies Coordinator, Department of
>English,  3243 N. Downer Ave., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee,
>Milwaukee, WI. 53211.  We will begin reviewing applications November 3,
>2003 and will continue until the position is filled.   UW-Milwaukee is an
>AA/EO employer.
>
>----
>Online resources for film/TV studies may be found at ScreenSite
>http://www.ScreenSite.org

Find your perfect match @  http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz   with XtraMSN
Personals!