SCREEN-L Archives

September 2003, Week 3

From:
"Nancy E. Mockros" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:02:29 -0700
Max,

Michel deCerteau's "The Practice of Everyday Life" (1986) makes some
interesting oberservations on the World Trade Towers as symbols of
American urbanity and culture. His whole book is interesting -
responding to Pierre Bordieu's The Logic of Practice, Foucault, etc. -
but that chapter may especially may interest you.

Nancy Mockros

Max Dawson wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone could tell me the title of the book or essay
in
>which Baudrillard originally wrote on the the World Trade Center.

Please respond to <[log in to unmask]>
The crisis of Western culture is
anxiety of meaninglessness.
- Paul Tillich