SCREEN-L Archives

September 2003, Week 3

Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:01:49 -0400
Kathy,

you might look at George Custen's book on Zanuck; Rudy Behlmer's Memo from
Darryl F. Zanuck and go way back to Russell Campbell's work on Ford and Fox
in the Quarterly Review of Film Video, I think in the late 1970s. I'd also
check the two extensive recent Ford bios by Allen Eyles and Joseph McBride.
I believe the Ungar press did an anthology on Great American Novels and Film
(co -edited by Gerald Peary) that should have a chapter on the adaptation;
Bluestone's Novels into Film compares them without the advantage of
consulting studio archives.

Matthew Bernstein