SCREEN-L Archives

April 2003, Week 3

From:
Scott Andrew Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 20:31:19 -0500
Not of the same vintage, but Gordon Chan's _Armageddon_ (1997), and Leonard
Kirtman's _Curse of the Headless Horseman_ (1972), as well as most episodes
of the "mystery" Scooby-Doo (and presumably the film, which I haven't seen),
would fit what you're looking for, were you looking past the 1940s.

Scott Andrew Hutchins

Examine The Life of Timon of Athens at Cracks in the Fourth Wall
Theatre & Filmworks
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/scottandrewh

"But since in fact we see that avarice, anger, envy, pride, sloth, lust and
stupidity commonly profit far beyond humility, chastity, fortitude, justice
and thought, and have to choose, to be human at all...why then perhaps we
*must* stand fast a little--even at the risk of being heroes." --Sir Thomas
More, _A Man for All Seasons_, by Robert Bolt