SCREEN-L Archives

April 2003, Week 2

From:
P P Powrie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:12:35 +0100
Dear Colleague

STUDIES IN FRENCH CINEMA

The next issue of the journal (3i) will contain articles on Place Vendôme (Garcia, 1997), Carmen (Feyder, 1926), Simone Signoret, Robert Bresson, Yannick Bellon, and the Belle Époque genre. The abstracts are now up on the webpage (http://www.ncl.ac.uk/crif/sfc/absv3n1.htm).

We are still taking bookings for the annual conference, on 1950s cinema, with the star Micheline Presle as our invitée d'honneur (http://www.ncl.ac.uk/crif/sfc/conf.htm). I can send the papers by email attachment if you are coming (but if you are, please contact Susan Hayward who is centralising bookings; [log in to unmask]).

Finally, I have updated listings of books on French cinema; the 2001 and 2002 lists are much longer. See

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/crif/sfc/books01.htm

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/crif/sfc/books02.htm

Phil Powrie
Professor of French Cultural Studies
Director of the Centre for Research into Film & Media
School of Modern Languages
University of Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU
Tel: 0191 222 7492