SCREEN-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

From:
Ben Halligan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:14:08 -0000
>Subsequent to the WAR GAME I believe was another film about ENgland under
>Nazi occupation by Watkins. Quite terrifying. HR Greenberg MD ENDIT

"privilege" and "the gladiators" both go into that area... the former mixes
glam rock and riefenstahl

but check out "Punishment Park" if you can. i can't think of a film that's
more relevant at the moment.

"the war game" and "culloden" have just been released on DVD in the UK by
the BFI, with commentary tracks