SCREEN-L Archives

February 2003, Week 4

From:
Max Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:42:58 +1100
Greetings.  I'm a first time poster, new to the list, and thought this might
be just the place to track down some info I've been unable to find on my
own.

In my preparations for a class I'll be teaching this semester - Teaching
Television - I'm attempting to locate a copy of a short video whose title
escapes me.  Its a particularly well-known piece, one I've seen in a number
of classroom contexts.  In it a number of famous 1980's American television
ads (one for McDonalds, one for Mars, one for a malt liquor company aimed
towards working class black men, etc) are played, replayed, and paired with
voiceovers of mock ad industry memos outlining the advertisers objectives,
targeted audiences, desired aesthetics, etc.

Ever heard of this one?  Know anyone who might have?  I think it would make
a nice compliment to a unit on advertising I'm working on putting together.

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Max Dawson
School of Media and Communications
University of New South Wales